Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Pie
Old fashioned peanut butter pie is made from scratch using creamy peanut butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and heavy cream. A silky peanut butter dessert that will have everyone begging for more!
Prepare the pie crust dough according to directions, roll the dough to a ⅛" thickness and place in a 9" pie plate. (If the crust seems too soft, let it chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before proceeding to the next step.)
Preheat your oven to 375°F. Place a piece of parchment paper onto the center of the unbaked pie crust and fill with pie weights.
Bake the crust for 20 minutes. Remove the pie from the oven and carefully lift out the paper and weights. Prick the bottom of the crust using a fork to prevent bubbles, return to the oven for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until the crust is golden all over. Remove and let cool completely.
Peanut Butter Filling
In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat 1 ½ cups of heavy whipping cream with 1 teaspoon cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Place in the fridge to keep cold.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar until smooth. (See notes.)
Use a large spatula to gently fold half of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Fold in the remaining whipped cream and pour the filling into the prepared pie crust.
Smooth the top of the filling and sprinkle with chopped peanuts and flaked sea salt. Chill for at least 3 hours to set the center.
- If using natural peanut butter, add up to 6 tablespoons of heavy cream to thin the peanut butter mixture to a thick brownie batter consistency, before folding in the whipped cream.
- Substitute the homemade pie crust with a 9" pre-made pie crust.
- Homemade whipped cream can be replaced with an 8 oz. container of frozen whipped topping. Let thaw in fridge before using.
- A cup of dried beans can be used for pie weights.
- To Store: Keep covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To Freeze: Keep frozen for up to 3 months wrapped tightly in plastic wrap.
Calories: 466kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 212mg | Potassium: 343mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 846IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1mg