Sourdough Pancakes or Waffles Recipe
Make light and fluffy sourdough pancakes and sourdough waffles with one simple recipe. It's the perfect recipe for using your sourdough starter discard!
Servings: 12 pancakes
Overnight Batter Ingredients
Additional ingredients to add just before cooking
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sourdough starter, eggs, buttermilk, honey, vanilla extract, melted butter and flour until well combined. Cover the bowl and let rest on a counter top at room temperature overnight or up to 12 hours. (See notes.)
When you are ready to cook, add the baking soda, baking powder and salt to the batter, stir and cover the bowl. Let the batter rest while the griddle or waffle iron is preheating.
- To prepare the batter the same morning, mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, cover with a towel and let rest for 30 minutes before cooking.
- The batter can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Active sourdough starter can be used.
- Store cooked pancakes/waffles in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week and in the freezer up to 3 months.
- Reheat pancakes/waffles in the microwave for 20-60 seconds or in the oven at 375°F (190°C) for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
Serving: 1pancake | Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 354mg | Potassium: 95mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 201IU | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1mg