This super smooth and creamy beer cheese dip is an easy appetizer recipe that's ready in under 10 minutes. Unlike many other beer cheese recipes that get clumpy after they cool down, this dip STAYS smooth and creamy.
Are you ready for what might just be the PERFECT party food? You guys, I promise you are going to love this pub-style beer cheese dip.
It's a super flavorful, homemade cheese sauce that comes together so quickly and easily, you'll definitely want to add it to your game day party food menu.
Just like your favorite pub-style appetizer, this beer cheese dip is full of smokey flavor. It's loaded with extra sharp cheddar cheese and seasoned with garlic, paprika and of course your favorite beer.
It's delicious paired with soft sourdough pretzels, like the kind you'd find at your local brewery!
The best beer cheese dip ingredients
- Beer - Pabst Blue Ribbon is the best beer for beer cheese dip. If you're looking for a pub-style beer cheese dip, trust me the flavor is spot on! You can use any beer of your preference.
- Heavy cream - Provides a richness and creaminess to the dip. Do not substitute with regular milk as it will not be rich enough.
- Egg yolk - Creates a silky smooth base for the seasonings and cheddar cheese.
- Seasonings - Garlic powder, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese - It's very important that you shred your own cheese. Do NOT use pre-shredded cheese. Pre-shredded cheese has a coating on it to prevent the shreds from sticking to each other that will cause your beer cheese to be clumpy!
How to make the best beer cheese dip
Cook the heavy cream, egg yolk and seasonings over medium heat until just simmering. Add the beer and shredded cheese. Stir for one minute, remove from heat and continue to stir until the cheese has melted completely.
Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot with soft sourdough pretzels!
How to store and reheat
Store leftovers, covered in the fridge, for up to 3 days.
The dip will stay smooth and spreadable even after it comes to room temperature. It is easily reheated on the stove-top or in the microwave.
Easy appetizer recipes
Make sure to check out these other appetizer recipes you can make for your next party.
- This pull apart cheese bread is loaded with garlic, mozzarella and parmesan cheese for a game day appetizer that's sure to please everyone.
- One of our most popular recipes, sourdough discard crackers, are so easy to make and is a great way to use your discard.
- We love the freshness that this bruschetta with tomato and basil brings to the party. It's a refreshing change to the heavier dips on the table!
Beer Cheese Dip Recipe
Rate this recipe!
- ½ cup heavy cream (no substitutes)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoons dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ cup beer (We recommend Pabst Blue Ribbon)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (grated by hand)
- Cook the heavy cream, egg yolk and seasonings over medium heat until just simmering. Add the beer and shredded cheese.
- Stir for one minute, remove from heat and continue to stir until the cheese has melted completely. Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot.
- Do NOT use pre-shredded cheese. It will cause your dip to be lumpy and not smooth.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
This recipe is from Little Spoon Farm. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.