This super smooth and creamy beer cheese dip is an easy recipe that's ready in under 10 minutes! It's perfect paired with soft sourdough pretzels, like you'd find at your local brewery!
Just like your favorite pub-style appetizer, this beer cheese dip is full of smokey flavor. It's loaded with extra sharp cheddar cheese and seasoned with garlic, paprika and of course your favorite beer!
Are you ready for what might just be the PERFECT party food? You guys, I promise you are going to love this pub-style beer cheese dip!
It's a super flavorful, homemade cheese sauce that comes together so quickly and easily, you'll definitely want to add it to your game day party food menu!
Unlike many other recipes that get clumpy after they cool down, this dip STAYS smooth and creamy due to the omission of flour that's normally used as a thickener.
- Beer - Pabst Blue Ribbon is the best beer for beer cheese dip. If you're looking for a pub-style beer cheese dip, trust me the flavor is spot on! You can use any beer of your preference.
- Heavy cream - Provides a richness and creaminess to the dip. Do not substitute with regular milk as it will not be rich enough.
- Egg yolk - Creates a silky smooth base for the seasonings and cheddar cheese.
- Seasonings - Garlic powder, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese - Shred your cheese! Do not use pre-shredded cheese. Pre-shredded cheese has a coating on it to prevent the shreds from sticking to each other. This will cause your beer cheese to be clumpy!
How to make the best beer cheese dip
Cook the heavy cream, egg yolk and seasonings over medium heat until just simmering. Add the beer and shredded cheese. Stir for one minute, remove from heat and continue to stir until the cheese has melted completely.
Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot with soft sourdough pretzels!
The dip will stay smooth and spreadable even after it comes to room temperature. It is easily reheated on the stove-top or in the microwave.
Store leftovers, covered in the fridge, for up to 3 days.
Make sure to check out these other recipes we know you will love!
If you make this recipe, let us know how you like it in the comment sections below!
Beer Cheese Dip
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (no substitutes)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup beer (We recommend Pabst Blue Ribbon)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (grated by hand)
- Cook the heavy cream, egg yolk and seasonings over medium heat until just simmering. Add the beer and shredded cheese.
- Stir for one minute, remove from heat and continue to stir until the cheese has melted completely. Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot.
- Do NOT use pre-shredded cheese. It will cause your dip to be lumpy and not smooth.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.