Curried chicken salad is made even better with the addition of mango ginger chutney. It's sweet, savory, crunchy and delicious!
A simple chicken salad made with shredded chicken, mayo, curry, mango chutney, green onions, dried cranberries and sliced almonds. You'll want to make it over and over again!
Why you'll love this recipe
- This salad only has 7 ingredients and that includes the seasoning!
- It's sweet, savory, crunchy, chewy ... it has all the feels!
- It's a great use for leftover chicken.
- It makes for a quick lunch that can be served with crackers, between two slices of sourdough or even in lettuce wraps.
- It's a welcomed change from the typical chicken salad recipe!
- Chicken: A mix of light and dark meat is best to keep the salad extra moist. Use leftover chicken from a rotisserie chicken or even this air fryer whole chicken.
- Mango Chutney: We have an amazing recipe for mango ginger chutney that is a Trader Joe copycat. If you don't feel like making your own, store bought is perfectly fine.
- Mayo: We totally believe in making our own mayonnaise because we like to avoid any GMO oils. (soybean oil, canola oil, vegetable oil ... you get the picture.) Homemade mayonnaise is easy to make in just 1 minute. So, if you've never made your own, it's a must try! A brand that we buy from time to time is Chosen Foods Mayo.
- Green Onions
- Dried Cranberries: Raisins are also a good choice.
- Sliced Almonds: Feel free to use a different type of nut here.
- Curry Powder
How to make it
- Mix the mayo, mango chutney and curry powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add the chicken, green onions, almonds and dried cranberries. Mix until full combined.
- Cover the bowl and chill for 2 hours before serving.
How to serve curried chicken salad
- In a lettuce wrap: This is my personal favorite. Just scoop a big spoonful into a romaine lettuce leaf and you've got a crispy, refreshing, lunch on the go.
- As a sandwich: You know we love our sourdough bread to make sandwiches. Just add a scoop of this salad along with some lettuce and tomato. Yum!
- With crackers: This curried chicken salad makes an excellent snack served alongside crackers and fruit.
How to store it
Have some leftovers? Or maybe you want to take this salad on the go for easy lunches? Keep it covered in the fridge for up to 4 days. Freezing is not recommended.
Easy lunch recipes
Curried Chicken Salad with Mango Ginger Chutney
- 1 lb. cooked, shredded chicken (light and dark meat)
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 6 green onions (chopped)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Make the dressing: Combine the mayo, chutney and curry powder in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Mix the salad: Add the remaining ingredients and stir until the chicken is fully coated in the dressing.
- Chill: Cover the bowl and allow it to chill in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Store: Keep covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.