Instant Pot cheesecake is a delicious and easy way to make the perfect cheesecake without eggs. Top it with homemade whipped cream, blueberry pie filling or strawberry jam for a show-stopping dessert!
Cheesecake made in the Instant Pot is a game changer. It's a great way to free up oven space for holiday cooking. This cheesecake can be made in advance and stored in the fridge until you are ready to serve dessert.
If you follow the instructions, this recipe will turn out perfect every time!
- For the crust: butter, graham crackers, light brown sugar and vanilla extract
- For the filling: cream cheese, granulated sugar, heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla extract and flour
See recipe card for quantities.
Making instant pot cheesecake from scratch is easy. Just follow the steps!
Make the Crust: Place the crushed graham crackers, light brown sugar, vanilla and melted butter in a small mixing bowl and combine with a fork. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of a parchment paper lined spring-form pan. Place the spring-form pan in the freezer for the crust to set.
Make the Filling: Place the cheesecake filling ingredients into a food processor, stand mixer or use an electric hand mixer, to blend until there are no lumps. Pour the filling over the crust and smooth the top with a spatula.
Prepare Spring-form Pan for the Instant Pot: Pour one cup of water into the Instant Pot liner. Place the trivet inside with the handles folded down. Make a sling with foil to make it easy to lift and lower the cheesecake into the liner. Wrap the bottom of the spring-form pan with a piece of foil.
Place a paper towel over the top of the pan (this will catch excess moisture) and then wrap the top of the pan with more foil. Place the wrapped spring-form pan into the liner, on top of the trivet and fold the ends of the foil sling over the top.
Cook: Lock the lid into place and make sure vent is in the SEALED position. Press the MANUAL button, HIGH Pressure for 37 minutes. Once the timer goes off, let the Instant pot naturally release for 20 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
Chill: Use the sling to lift the cheesecake from the liner. Remove the foil and paper towel. Allow the cheesecake to cool on the counter for at least one hour and then place the it in the fridge to chill and set up overnight.
After the cheesecake has setup, remove it from the spring-form pan. Top the cheesecake with homemade whipped cream, blueberry pie filling or strawberry jam. You can also use fresh fruit or chocolate ganache as a cheesecake topping.
It's easy to turn this into a gluten free instant pot cheesecake with a couple of adjustments.
- Graham Crackers - look for gluten free graham crackers or a gluten free cookie like our gluten free nilla wafers.
- Flour - use cornstarch, arrowroot or tapioca flour instead.
- Electric Pressure Cooker: An Instant Pot Pressure Cooker (affiliate link) comes with a trivet that you will need to use in order to hold the spring-form pan off the bottom of the liner.
- Spring-form Pan: You will need an extra deep 7" spring-form pan (affiliate link) that fits inside the liner of the Instant Pot.
- Foil: Used to protect the bottom and top of the cheesecake during the cooking process and also to make a "sling". Using a sling will make the pan easy to remove after the cheesecake has finished cooking.
- Food Processor: A food processor, stand mixer or electric hand mixer (affiliate links)can be used to mix the filling ingredients.
Store the Instant Pot cheesecake in the fridge for up to 5 days in an air-tight container. You can freeze this cheesecake for up to 3 months. Place it in the freezer for one hour to harden. Take it out, wrap it with two layers of plastic wrap and then two layers of foil. Label and date the cheesecake.
Always use room temperature ingredients when making cheesecakes. They will blend better and give you a smooth filling with no lumps.
Make cheesecake at least one day before you want to serve it because it needs time to chill and setup properly. Typically this is at least 6-8 hours or overnight in the fridge.
When the cheesecake comes out of the Instant Pot, the center of the filling will be jiggly. This is normal, as the filling will continue to set up as it chills in the fridge.
More easy dessert recipes: oreo cheesecake / oreo balls / banana pudding / strawberry icebox cake / old fashioned peanut butter pie
Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe
- 6 quart electric pressure cooker
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 cup graham crackers (crushed)
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup flour
Make the crust
- Line the bottom of a 7" extra deep spring-form pan with parchment paper.
- Mix crust ingredients in a small bowl with a fork until well combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan and place in the freezer while you make the filling.
Make the cheesecake filling
- Place the cream cheese and sugar in a food processor and mix until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and continue to mix until the mixture is well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Pour the mixture into the spring-form pan and smooth the top.
- Wrap the bottom of the spring-form pan with foil. Place a paper towel on top of the pan and then cover with a piece of foil. Fold a 36" long piece of foil into thirds, lengthwise, to create a sling and place it under the spring-form pan.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the insert of the Instant Pot and then place the trivet into the bottom with the handles folded down.
- Use the sling to lift the spring-form pan up and into the Instant Pot liner. Lock the lid into place and make sure the vent is in the SEALED position. Press the MANUAL button and adjust the time to 37 minutes at HIGH pressure. Natural release for 20 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the cheesecake and allow it to sit on the counter to cool for 1 hour. Place in the fridge, uncovered, to set up overnight. (Do not remove side of spring-form pan.)
- Run a sharp knife around the edge of cheesecake to release it and remove the sides of the spring-form pan. Serve and enjoy!
- Store the cheesecake in the fridge for up to 5 days in an air-tight container.
- Freeze this cheesecake for up to 3 months. Place it in the freezer for one hour to harden. Take it out, wrap it with two layers of plastic wrap and then two layers of foil. Label and date the cheesecake.
did you make this recipe?