Cheesy garlic bread is an easy and wonderful side dish to serve for dinner!
Sourdough bread slices are toasted with a delicious garlic herb butter and two types of cheese for an ooey gooey slice of heaven!
I love finding new ways to use sourdough bread in recipes. Cheesy garlic bread is an easy one!
We've incorporated our garlic herb butter recipe with shredded parmesan and mozzarella cheese to create a warm and cheesy garlic bread that your family will be certain to enjoy.
You'll love how quickly it comes together on a busy weeknight!
- Sliced Bread: Sourdough, french or sandwich bread.
- Butter: For an extra special treat, make your own homemade butter. It's easy and has such a fresh cream flavor!
- Garlic: Fresh garlic is best. We like to use a garlic press which gives the finest mince possible. It can be substituted with garlic powder if needed.
- Chives: Any fresh herb you like can be used in place of chives.
- Cheese: A combination of mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Mozzarella gives you the melt and parmesan adds saltiness and flavor.
Preheat the oven to 400°F (204°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix the garlic butter ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
Slice the bread into ½" slices and spread the butter evenly on one side.
Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and starting to turn golden brown around the edges.
Serve the slices warm for the best taste!
How to store and reheat
Store the bread in the fridge, wrapped in foil, for up to 2 days. After about 2 days the bread will get pretty stale and will be very hard to soften by reheating.
To reheat, preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Open the foil up to expose the bread. Place it in the oven until heated through and the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
More easy side dish recipes
Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe
- 8 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 loaf sourdough bread
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C) and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Slice the sourdough bread into ½" thick slices.
- Mix the butter, garlic and chives in a small bowl. Salt to taste. Spread the garlic herb butter evenly onto each slice of bread and sprinkle both cheeses on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and has started to turn golden brown on top. Serve immediately.