Rosemary chicken with vegetables is a one-pan chicken recipe that requires 4 ingredients, plus seasonings, and less than an hour from start to finish.
Tender, juicy chicken breasts are baked with carrots, potatoes and fresh rosemary in a dutch oven for the perfect weeknight meal!
This recipe for rosemary chicken with vegetables is loaded with delicious flavor. It's a one-pan recipe that makes clean up a breeze!
Just like our classic pot roast, it's made in a dutch oven, but if you don't have one, a baking sheet works well. Just cover the baking sheet with a layer of foil and make a "tent" with another piece of foil to create a "lid". This will allow the juices from the chicken to steam the vegetables.
Fresh rosemary works best to infuse tons of flavor into the chicken. Dried rosemary is ok if you're in a pinch.
Feel free to add more or less on any of the ingredients. If you like more carrots and less potatoes, go for it.
You're only limited by the space of your pan!
How to make rosemary chicken with vegetables
- Season the chicken breasts and then brown them on both sides in an oven-safe skillet that has a lid.
- Add the veggies and seasoning to the pot with the chicken. Sprinkle with chopped rosemary, cover and bake for 30 minutes. If the vegetables are sticking to the pan, use a few tablespoons of chicken broth or water to help loosen them up before serving.
The USDA recommends storing leftover cooked chicken in the fridge for up to 4 days.
4 more easy chicken dinners for busy weeknights
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
Rosemary Chicken with Vegetables
- 2 chicken breasts cut in half
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ lb. petite baby carrots
- 1 lb. petite baby potatoes cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and ½ teaspoon of garlic powder. Add the olive oil to an oven-safe skillet and brown the chicken on both sides over medium-high heat on the stovetop.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, chopped rosemary and remaining garlic powder. Toss the ingredients in the skillet to coat. Cover and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. If the vegetables are sticking to the pan, use a few tablespoons of chicken broth or water to help loosen them up and deglaze the pan. Serve immediately.