Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is an easy, kid friendly dinner made with chicken, crispy bacon, cheese and ranch seasoning.
It's the perfect weeknight meal for busy families and picky eaters!
Sometimes you just need a recipe that's quick, easy and one that you know everyone will be happy about. A dump, stir and bake kind of recipe.
Chicken bacon ranch casserole is that recipe!
Just like our chicken parmesan casserole or black bean burrito bowls, this is a "semi-homemade" casserole which makes it quick and easy to throw together in a flash.
Assemble this casserole a day ahead of time and stick it in the fridge.
When you get home from work it will be ready to pop in the oven and your kids will be really happy!
What you need
- Chicken: Use 2 cooked chicken breasts or 1 lb. of shredded chicken.
- Alfredo Sauce: One 16 oz. jar of pre-made Alfredo sauce.
- Sour Cream
- Pasta: We like penne pasta but you can use whichever pasta you prefer. Boil according to package directions until al dente.
- Bacon: For convenience use real bacon bits or 4 strips of crispy bacon cut into small pieces.
- Ranch dressing seasoning mix
- Shredded Swiss cheese
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make it
In a large mixing bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, ranch seasoning, 1 cup of Swiss cheese, bacon and sour cream. Stir to combine.
Reserve 1 cup of cheese and some bacon bits for the top of casserole.
Add the cooked chicken and boiled pasta to the bowl and toss to coat evenly.
Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 9" x 13" baking dish and top with remaining cheese and bacon.
Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes or until the casserole is heated through and the cheese is starting to brown on top.
Top with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
Serve with Red Lobster cheddar bay biscuits or a slice of sourdough bread!
How to store it
Store leftovers in an air-tight container, in the fridge for up to 3 days. See more guidelines at USDA.gov.
This casserole can be assembled in a freezer-safe baking dish and frozen to bake later.
Wrap the casserole in 2 layers plastic wrap and 1 layer of foil. Label and date the dish and freeze up to 3 months.
When you are ready to bake, let the casserole thaw in the fridge overnight and bake according to directions.
More easy dinner recipes
- baked chicken thighs with warm bread salad
- ham and cheese sliders
- slow cooker mac and cheese
- grilled cheese sandwich
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- 1 lb. cooked chicken meat (shredded or cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 lb. pasta
- 1 (16 oz.) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 packet ranch dressing seasoning
- ¼ cup bacon bits (or 4 strips cooked and chopped)
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese (divided in half)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375° and lightly grease a 9" x 13" casserole baking dish.
- Boil the pasta according to box directions to the "al dente" stage. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the Alfredo sauce, sour cream, ranch flavoring, bacon pieces and 1 cup of the Swiss cheese. Add the pasta and chicken. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish, top with the remaining Swiss cheese and baking bits. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted on top and starting to brown. Top with parsley and serve.
- To Store: Keep leftovers in an air-tight container, in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To Freeze: This casserole can be assembled in a freezer-safe baking dish and frozen to bake later. Wrap the casserole in 2 layers plastic wrap and 1 layer of foil. Label and date the dish and freeze up to 3 months.
- To Reheat: When you are ready to bake, let the casserole thaw in the fridge overnight and bake according to directions.
did you make this recipe?