Make this easy chicken parmesan casserole recipe for dinner tonight! Frozen chicken nuggets are tossed with pasta, marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
It's an easy, weeknight dinner your kids will request time and time again!
If you are looking for an easy to make, dump and bake recipe, this is it!
This recipe for chicken parmesan casserole uses frozen popcorn chicken, marinara sauce, pasta and cheese for a delicious dinner your kids will love.
Just like this chicken bacon ranch casserole recipe, It can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge or freezer. Just pop it in the oven when you are ready for dinner!
What you need
- frozen popcorn chicken
- marinara sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
Here's ways to modify this recipe if needed.
- frozen chicken - Popcorn chicken or frozen chicken tenders cut into 1 inch pieces. You can also use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken.
- pasta - Any shape pasta you prefer. Bow tie, penne and or spaghetti.
How to make it
Preheat your oven to 375°F and lightly spray a 9" x 13" casserole dish with cooking spray. Bring a pot of water to boil and cook pasta to the "al dente" stage according to package directions. Drain and pour the pasta into a large bowl.
To the bowl add the chicken, marinara sauce, chopped basil, and 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese. Stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining cheeses on top.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the sauce is bubbly. Allow the casserole to rest 10-15 minutes before serving.
How to store it
Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
To freeze the casserole unbaked, assemble the casserole and pour into a freezer safe casserole dish. I like to use aluminum baking dishes. (affiliate link)
Cover the top with plastic wrap and then wrap tightly in foil. Keep in freezer up to 3 months.
To reheat a frozen casserole, preheat your oven to 375°F. Remove the plastic wrap and "tent" the foil on top.
Bake for up to 75 minutes, taking the foil off during the last 15 minutes.
More easy dinner recipes
- baked chicken thighs with warm bread salad
- ham and cheese sliders
- slow cooker mac and cheese
- chicken noodle soup
- chicken bacon ranch casserole
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- 1 lb. frozen popcorn chicken
- 1 lb. pasta
- 1 (24 oz.) jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 375°F and lightly spray a 9" x 13" casserole dish with cooking spray. Bring a pot of water to boil and cook pasta until "al dente" according to package directions. Drain and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- To the pasta, add the chicken, marinara sauce, 1 cup of parmesan cheese and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Stir together until evenly mixed. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is starting to turn a golden brown on top. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Top with fresh basil and more parmesan cheese if desired.
- To Store: Keep leftovers covered in the fridge up to 4 days.
- To Reheat: Heat in microwave or in the oven at 350°F for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- To Freeze: Place in freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.