Instant Pot Chicken Tacos are a total flavor bomb loaded with tender, juicy Instant Pot Mexican shredded chicken and your choice of toppings. Taco Tuesdays have never been easier or tastier!
Can we just pretend it's Cinco de Mayo every week? Mexican food is one of my favorites and things just got way easier with these amazing Instant Pot Chicken Tacos!
This is one of the EASIEST chicken dinners EVER! Just dump the ingredients into the pressure cooker, stir and cook. That's it. In about 30 minutes you'll have the most perfect chicken taco meat of your life.
These easy chicken tacos are filled with our Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken recipe. Juicy, tender shredded chicken that's been cooked in the pressure cooker with fire roasted tomatoes, fresh lime, chipotle peppers and seasonings.
Our favorite way to serve chicken tacos is on freshly made sourdough tortillas. Homemade tortillas are so soft and delicious! Load them up with jalapeños, sliced radishes, creamy avocado, lime juice and cilantro for a light, fresh version of tacos. And don't forget a sprinkle of queso fresco cheese to top it all off!
Another way to serve them is "street taco" style by topping the chicken with chopped onion and lots of fresh cilantro. Or, just stick to old school toppings like shredded cheddar cheese, lettuce and tomato. And don't forget to whip up the best, restaurant style guacamole ever!
Take the ingredients for the Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken and dump them in the Instant Pot. Press the MANUAL button and set the timer for 15 minutes. Once the time is up, release the pressure and use two forks to shred the chicken.
All that's left to do is assemble your tacos!
More easy chicken recipes
- White Chicken Chili Verde
- Rosemary Chicken with Vegetables
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into large pieces
- 1 (15 oz.) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- juice on 1 lime
- 12 tortillas or taco shells
- 2 avocados sliced
- 4 radishes thinly sliced
- 2 fresh jalapeños thinly sliced
- 1 cup queso fresco cheese
- fresh cilantro
- lime juice
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Meat
- Place the ingredients inside the Instant Pot. Lock the lid into place and press the MANUAL button. Adjust the timer to 15 minutes at HIGH pressure.
- When the cooking time is up, release the pressure. Transfer the chicken to a bowl and use two forks to shred the chicken. Moisten the meat with remaining liquid at the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Serve the chicken warm in taco shells or tortillas with desired toppings.