Creamy Chipotle Sauce is dairy-free and perfect for pouring over black bean burrito bowls for an extra burst of flavor. It's easy to make and plant-based too!
This sauce is a mixture of simple ingredients with no blender required.
- Cashew Butter: Use store-bought cashew butter if you don't want to use a blender. You can always use homemade cashew butter if you prefer!
- Chipotle Sauce: This chipotle sauce (affiliate link) comes in a small can without the chipotle peppers. It is spicy so make sure to adjust the amount to you preference.
- Non Dairy Milk: Almond, oat, soy or cashew milk.
- Hot Sauce: Use a Mexican style hot sauce.
- Seasonings: Cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Chopped Cilantro: This is optional.
Place all of the ingredients into a container with a tight fitting lid. Use a spoon or a spatula to stir everything until smooth. Add more liquid to create a thin sauce to use as a salad dressing. Use less liquid to have more of a sour cream consistency for things like chicken tacos.
How to store
Store the creamy chipotle sauce in the fridge for up to 7 days. Let come to room temperature before using
More easy Mexican inspired recipes
- Restaurant Style Guacamole
- Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken
- Instant Pot Black Bean Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- ¼ cup cashew butter
- ½ cup non dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons canned chipotle sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Mexican style hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place ingredients into a small bowl and stir together until smooth.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Use more or less chipotle sauce and spices to your taste.
- Use more or less liquid to make the sauce thick or thin depending on what you are using it for.