Creamy Chipotle Sauce is dairy-free and perfect for pouring over black bean burrito bowls for an extra burst of flavor. It's easy to make and plant-based too!
This sauce is a mixture of simple ingredients with no blender required.
- Cashew Butter: Use store-bought cashew butter if you don't want to use a blender. You can always use homemade cashew butter if you prefer!
- Chipotle Sauce: This chipotle sauce (affiliate link) comes in a small can without the chipotle peppers. It is spicy so make sure to adjust the amount to you preference.
- Non Dairy Milk: Almond, oat, soy or cashew milk.
- Hot Sauce: Use a Mexican style hot sauce.
- Seasonings: Cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Chopped Cilantro: This is optional.
Place all of the ingredients into a container with a tight fitting lid. Use a spoon or a spatula to stir everything until smooth. Add more liquid to create a thin sauce to use as a salad dressing. Use less liquid to have more of a sour cream consistency for things like chicken tacos.
How to store
Store the creamy chipotle sauce in the fridge for up to 7 days. Let come to room temperature before using
More easy Mexican inspired recipes
- Restaurant Style Guacamole
- Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken
- Instant Pot Black Bean Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
Creamy Chipotle Sauce
Rate this recipe!
- ¼ cup cashew butter
- ½ cup non dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons canned chipotle sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Mexican style hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place ingredients into a small bowl and stir together until smooth.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Use more or less chipotle sauce and spices to your taste.
- Use more or less liquid to make the sauce thick or thin depending on what you are using it for.
This recipe is from Little Spoon Farm. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.