Greek pasta salad is bursting with zesty, Mediterranean inspired flavors like crisp cucumber, juicy cherry tomatoes, red onion, olives, dill, mint and feta cheese.
A simple red wine vinegar dressing brings it all together in less than 20 minutes making it the perfect side dish for summertime grilling!
Greek orzo pasta salad is easy to make and perfect for transporting to BBQ parties, pot-luck dinners or even to the beach.
This salad can be made up to 2 days ahead of time and kept in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.
- Orzo pasta: Cook the pasta until "al dente" so it keeps a nice bite and to avoid it becoming mushy. Orzo pasta can be substituted with any other pasta you have on hand such as bow-tie, penne or elbow pasta.
- Veggies: Black olives, red onion, cucumbers and cherry tomatoes are a classic combination of flavors!
- Fresh herbs: This recipe calls for fresh dill and mint but you can use any fresh herb you prefer.
- Feta cheese: Perfect for cold pasta salad. It's a salty cheese that can stand up to the bold flavors in this salad.
- Dressing: A simple dressing made from extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey and seasonings.
Cook the orzo pasta in boiling water that has been salted. It should be "al dente" meaning it is still firm. If the pasta is overcooked it will be mushy and it won't be able to hold up to all the added ingredients.
While the pasta is boiling, chop the vegetables and herbs. Once the pasta is finished cooking, pour into a colander and rinse with cold water to help bring the temperature down quickly.
Place the orzo and remaining ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
In a small bowl, use a whisk to combine and emulsify the red wine vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper together. Another way to mix the dressing is to put the dressing ingredients into a mason jar, cover and shake until well blended.
Pour the dressing over the pasta and toss everything together to make sure everything is coated evenly. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least one hour before serving.
How to store
If you happen to have leftovers, cover them in an air-tight container and keep them chilled in the fridge for up to 3 days. Freezing is not recommended.
More easy Greek recipes
Greek Pasta Salad
- 1 ½ cups orzo pasta
- 1 cucumber seeds removed and chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup black olives pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup kalamata olives pitted and sliced
- ½ small red onion diced
- 1 cup fresh dill chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the orzo in salted, boiling water until "al dente". Drain the orzo in a colander and run cold water over it to cool it off.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked orzo, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, red onion, dill, mint and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper together. Pour over the orzo and toss to coat ingredients evenly.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour before serving.
- Serve this pasta salad cold or at room temperature.
- Make up to 2 days ahead of time. Add the feta cheese and toss the ingredients before serving.
- This recipe can easily be doubled for large gatherings.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes.Baking Conversion Chart
This recipe is from Little Spoon Farm. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.